BEEF STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Macros with bacon and cheese
- 112g Ground Beef (93/7), raw
- 1/2 Egg**
- 40g Baby Spinach
- 40g Sweet Red Peppers
- 40g Green Bell Pepper
- 28g Red Onion
- 60g Marinated Artichoke hearts (In brine, not oil!)
- 28g Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 15g Whole wheat Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 Portobella Mushroom Caps (each is about 85g)
- Fresh diced garlic, black pepper & salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Chop and combine the spinach, peppers, onions, artichoke and garlic. Add the Ground Beef, half of the mozzarella and the egg until mixed thoroughly. Add the breadcrumbs last- be sure to mix evenly.
- Place the mushrooms ‘cap down’ on a lightly greased foil lined baking pan. Divide the beef mixture evenly onto the mushroom caps. Flatten the mixture to ensure that it cooks evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until juices run clear and the beef is cooked through.
- Add remaining cheese to the top of the stuffed mushrooms and broil until melted. Enjoy!
- This recipe is approved to have until the 4 week out mark. If you remove the cheese you may have this throughout your entire prep.
- **Half of an egg is about 2T of one whole beaten egg. It won’t hurt to use the whole egg in this recipe –adjust the macro counts accordingly. If you find that the whole egg makes the stuffing too ‘wet’ you can add more breadcrumbs.